The 1st Angmering Scout Group was originally founded in 1917.
After the 2nd World War, the 1957 registration was showing as survivors, 7 Troops; 1st Angmering, 1st Arundel, 1st East Preston, 1st Littlehampton, 4th Littlehampton, 5th Littlehampton, and 1st Rustington.
In 1966 Wolf Cubs were renamed Cub Scouts. In 1967 the Boy Scouts became Scouts, uniform for all changed and the Venture Scouts were launched and Beaver Scout Colonies became official in 1986.
In 2002 Scouting saw the introduction of a new uniform and new Programme to take Scouts into the 21st Century. 2007 saw the celebrations for Scoutings Centenary and the District held a camp at Angmering at which 500 members of the District took part.